Someday I intend on sitting down and making a little reference guide of all my favorite spots to visit, not that I'm an expect by any means, but for now I'll just highlight my favorite places (mostly food) from my most recent trip.
1) Sarabeths - There are a handful of locations in the city, my favorite being Central Park south where you can sit and look out at the park while eating their amazing Pumpkin waffles and jam.
2) The Smith - 3 locations in the city (Midtown, East Village, Lincoln Center), we went to the Midtown location on Valentines day...awesome decor, amazing food, and a really bizarre co ed bathroom with a Photo Booth in it.
3) Laduree - If you can't make it all the way to Paris buy your macaroons here! Feels like a little slice of heaven...more photos of this one to come.
4) Belvedere Castle - I've been meaning to find this little spot in the park for years and finally succeeded. It's a tiny little castle in Central Park, now some sort of a bird watching exhibit, but you can climb tiny staircases all the way to the top and get a wonderful view of the park.
5) Broken English Jewelry - Attached to the All Saints Flagship store (also a worthwhile stop) is one of my favorite jewelry stores. The mix is rather eclectic but if you are looking for a tiny sparkly momento for your trip, this is the place to find it.
6) Chelsea Market - We made it out here on my very last day and I'm so incredibly glad we fit it in. Not only was it a haven from the freezing temperatures, there was so much to explore! Seriously, I felt like the place was never going to end, with new shops, art galleries, and food at every turn. Go here and give yourself plenty of time to wander and take it all in.
View from our hotel (The Dumont Midtown, much recommended)
One of my other favorite spots in all of Central Park, yes this is where Chuck and Blair got married on Gossip Girl.
One of my favorite photos from the entire trip, our view at sunset.